Friday, September 16, 2016

In the mean time-

So, I am still waiting to hear about the illustrator.  I promise I will make the announcement as soon as I know!  So exciting.

How to fill up my creative time in this pause?

I know. I'll write! 

I don't know if it is because I have more time (now that Mia is in school) or my new tradition of that second cup of tea in the morning, but I am totally having a blast writing. 

Yesterday I started on a new piece I am calling "Q" and I am so in love with this new character.  It is so much fun to "meet" a new voice and get to know them.  To explore a new story and figure out the best way to tell their story and in doing so discover even more about writing and the world.

So , you might ask, what got me started on this new character? 

It was something that I gleaned from a webinar that 12x12 offered the other day about crafting good read aloud stories with the fabulous Matthew Winner.  Being introduced to his podcast
http://www.allthewonders.com/ is an amazing gift.  Thank you Julie Hedlund and the 12x12 staff for making that possible. 

12x12 by the way has kept me going these last couple of years.  Having deadlines and a community has been key in dealing with rejection, learning new skills and pushing forward.

So now what?  More waiting I guess. More writing, lots and lots of more editing and a nice meet up with my fabulous critique group this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment