Monday, October 3, 2016

Coming out from behind the camera and computer screen

Today was an important day.  Today I took a major step in marketing...
Today, I got my Author pictures done.

It is strange stepping out from behind the camera, where I am more comfortable, or even from behind the computer screen.

Because behind is where I like to be.  Setting up the shot, seeing the world, discovering a character all by watching.  I'm not used to the one being watched, being set up or arranged. 

In a couple of days I will see what all transpired and post my favorites here for comments.  You should know that the photographer is amazingly talented and a friend, so at least it wasn't  awkward or stressful. 

But the experience got me thinking more about school visits and readings, book signings, places and times when I won't be behind anyone or anything.  It will be  ME out in the front. ME talking to kids and parents. ME answering questions and introducing Egg to the world.


So what does an introvert do when pushed into the spotlight?
I guess we will find out.

But I think this introvert will do a lot of homework, planning, rehearsing.

In the coming weeks I plan to interview some of my more established author/illustrator friends.  People who are very talented, and who have done many school visits, skype sessions and fancy book signings.

I will also interview my publisher and get to the heart of why Egg really drew her in and made it impossible for her to pass on the story.

Another interview will be with a soon to be published author, like me in the thick of things for the first time.  It will be interesting to see what her experiences have been like, what she is excited about. Things she is nervous about.

Since this is a journey you are taking with me, so please send in questions, comments and if your feeling like I need it,  encouragements. All will be welcome.

This blog is for you as much as it is for Egg and for all of the other characters that will someday grace a printed page.  I would love to hear from you.

Best,
Laura N. Clement

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to the next step in your journey, all the exciting moments that you share, and to learning from the more experienced authors' interviews!

    From one introvert to another: we've got this, but we'll need all the help we can get!! :)

    ReplyDelete