Tuesday, April 2, 2019

CHESH Review #39 Little Red Writing by Joan Holub illustrated by Melissa Sweet


Book 39: Little Red Writing by Joan Holub illustrated by Melissa Sweet


CHESH RATING: 12
Crave: 2
Heart: 2
Eyes: 2
Soul: 3
Head:2


I really REALLY wanted to love this book. I Adore Melissa Sweet and the twist on the classic story of Little Red Riding Hood, totally up my alley BUT... I am dyslexic and I couldn't make my way through this book, at least I could go beyond the end pages and the title page. Each page is too full for my eyes to track, make sense of or even process. This is a trend in PB's I have run into lately and it has me sad for any kids with similar issues to my own. I hope that this trend is not one that saturates the market for long and I very much hope that these issues are under consideration more often when publishing a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment