Monday, April 15, 2019

CHESH Review #60 All My Stripes- A story for Children with Autism by Shaina Rudolph and Danielle Royer Illustrated by Jennifer Zivion

CHESH Review #60 All My Stripes- A story for Children with Autism by Shaina Rudolph and Danielle Royer Illustrated by Jennifer Zivion

Overall Rating: 18

Crave: 3
Heart: 3
Eyes: 4
Soul: 3
Head: 5


This book is a wonderful teaching tool.  It approaches some of the Autism Spectrum behaviors and reactions as they relate to functioning in the "outside" world.

        It is packed full of moments to talk about with a child, but because it is a teaching tool, it lacks warmth in the voice of the character.  Even though I live in this world with my child, I didn't connect at all with the MC and was disappointed by that aspect of the book.
       That said, I do feel like it is a great book for opening up conversations about Autism. 

No comments:

Post a Comment