Monday, November 28, 2016

A Novemeber Check in with some useful information

I am in between useful posts, but didn't want to neglect this blog any longer.  I guess it is all part of getting a book published, this wait and see period.

I have not been idle.  I am still writing.  Still receiving rejections and replies from agents.  I check in with my publisher and answer questions or ask them.  I haven't heard from my illustrator directly lately, but that isn't a bad thing. I am sure she is busy making magic.

I have been doing research on things like School Visits, Skype Visits and other author visits that will help EGG along once it is out in print.

I am currently doing a On-Line Course with an amazing individual, Arree Chung
http://arree.com/
Who decided after some prodding from friends and other Creative's that it was time to give back and make some of "Publishing a Picture Book" lessons available.

It's a 12 week program, and currently in week 8 and very much enjoying his course work and insights.  For anyone wanting to hone their Picture Book writing/illustrating skills, this is a program I recommend.

You do crazy and useful things like get your post it note skills refreshed.


Actually, taking this class gave me the push to make a dummy for one of my stories.  This one is called Sketch.




Also I was inspired by my newish computer and it's painting program so I tackled painting our family holiday card this year.  And, I gotta say.  I am thrilled with how it came out.

It all started with a photograph I took two years ago at the beach near Seabrook, WA.  I liked the feel of it, but wanted it to be more holiday seasony. So I got to painting adding in the sky and the color and tree.  I am feeling pretty good about being creative on a new stage, all thanks to Arree and his support.

I think that is all for now.  Hopefully I will have more interviews for you soon.  I would am planning on having Arree Chung doing one on "Angels in the Creative World". As well as continue interviews from my critique group.

Until then, Enjoy the Holiday Season! 

No comments:

Post a Comment