Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Why do I write? Why do I want to be published?

My publisher is doing a 30 day media challenge. The first day was simple.  Show your workspace.
I have two from yesterday.
This is my, at my computer with Griffin on my lap, laying over my arms as I try to type.  Yes, I work at the kitchen table, that is my office.  And the cats, are always up in my business.
Later that day I posted another photo, cat still included.

Earlier I had posted that really, my workspace is everywhere.  I had gone on a walk that morning and posted many pictures of beautiful flowers as Seattle is finally in Spring and in Bloom!

Today, the challenge question was: Share why you write and why you wanted to be published.

I sat with this for a while and came up with this-

Writing is a moment where I breath in life. When a live photograph of emotions imprints on my spirit, on my soul and I, in order to be, breath out onto paper the curious imaginations that sweep in and out of my day. I write for my daughter, for that beautiful moment of childhood when magic is real and nothing is impossible.

Just this weekend I shared a piece I was struggling with, with my Dad.  I read it to him. Told him my dilemma and his response was THE reason I write.  Somehow, what I wrote had touched him, emotionally to the point he was almost speechless.  I could hear him wipe away tears over the phone and knew, even before he told me with words, that I shouldn't change anything about the story.

I made a moment, a precious moment, shared between us.   

THAT is why I write. 

I love photography.  I miss doing it most days.  Writing is just another way to catch a moment, to hold it dear and then as a gift, give it to someone else so cherish, to experience.  All art should tap into this BEING.  Writing is just one of the ways I can do that, for myself and for others.

Why do I want to be published? So that I can give out as many moments/gifts as possible.  I would love to bring that BEING into a day, an hour, a minute for another person, so that they can then in turn, pass it along and bring about more joy. 

-Laura


3 comments:

  1. Writing is a good habit, it not only helps the writer but reader as well. I loved reading your published article please do write more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking the time to discuss this, If possible, you get expertise, you will not mind your blog updates, more information? This is very useful for me. webstagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you enjoyed my post. As for Blog updates I think you can just sign up to receive them, provided I set up the blog properly. Please let me know if you have any more questions.

      Delete