Wednesday, May 17, 2023

The Rejection Garden Tree/Story 14 TINY HOUSE

       The Rejection Garden is less about rejection and more about creativity, persistence, and joy. 

Over the next month, I am going to share one Tree or Manuscript with you, not in its entirety, instead, 

I’ll post a synopsis, how many times it has been rejected, and then, 

I’ll finish with my favorite line and include a picture of the tree and name tag.

"This manuscript of yours that has just come back from another editor is a precious package. Don't consider it rejected. Consider that you've addressed it 'to the editor who can appreciate my work' and it has simply come back stamped 'Not at this address'. Just keep looking for the right address."
-Barbara Kingsolver



4 submissions, 3 rejections



Hook: Highlights muti-generational living/family, sustainability/recycling, and a shared love of birds with lyrical language.


Favorite line (page): 

"Sitting watching birds together,
gliding-gliding,
back and forth,
was the best of every day.
We searched for flits of colors,
and strained to hear -
    Twitter. Twitter. Tweets, and hhhhhhhhmmmmm's

There were lots of comings and goings,
but never stays.

Until an idea, like an egg-craked open."




As for THIS tree? I have been WAITING to take its picture. It's a beautiful ginkgo. I LOVE the shape of ginkgo leaves. This plant which someday I will actually plant in the backyard, but not yet, it's happy where it is.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment