Friday, May 19, 2023

The Rejection Garden Tree/Story 16 DON"T SCARE THE SKUNK!

              The Rejection Garden is less about rejection and more about creativity, persistence, and joy. 

Over the next month, I am going to share one Tree or Manuscript with you, not in its entirety, instead, 

I’ll post a synopsis, how many times it has been rejected, and then, 

I’ll finish with my favorite line and include a picture of the tree and name tag.



"I love my rejection slips. They show me I try."  - Sylvia Plath


1 submission, 1 rejection

Pitch: Monsters aren't always scary, mean, or ugly, in fact, the one living in this forest likes to bake, and that is the problem.

Favorite line: The ending, it's a fun reveal.


"There still lives a monster in this forest, a cruncher, and muncher that hides in the shadows.  But no one fears her, or her new friend just as long as they followed one simple rule…"



The funny thing about doing this blog and this post and reading through these manuscripts is that I discover just HOW MUCH a piece needs reworking and since it is a couple years old, I am ready to tackle it anew! 

No comments:

Post a Comment