Tuesday, May 9, 2023

The Rejection Garden Tree/Story 8 Graffiti Garden

 The Rejection Garden is less about rejection and more about creativity, persistence, and joy. 

Over the next month, I am going to share one Tree or Manuscript with you, not in its entirety, instead, 

I’ll post a synopsis, how many times it has been rejected, and then, 

I’ll finish with my favorite line and include a picture of the tree and name tag. 


"For every accomplishment, there were twenty rejections... In the end, though, only one attitude enabled me to move ahead. That attitude said, "Rejection can simply, mean redirection."" 
- Maya Angelou


1 submission, no rejections (yet)

    This is a new manuscript, I wrote it just the other month. I love it and think it has a lot of potential, given that I have already submitted it once. That's the thing about the way I write. I write a lot. New ideas turn into new stories all of the time. One of my favorite "contests" is @storystorm I have participated in it for years now. Nothing like coming up with 31 new ideas (or more in my case) over a month.  One year I challenged myself to complete 20 first drafts along with those ideas. I did it!  Writing is fun. Editing is fun. Rejection, well it's just part of the work.  

Tree/Story 8- Graffiti Garden- 

Addie's creative and persistent attempts at growing plants fail time and time again, but living in a family of gardeners, she is determined to grow something.  An untraditional, artistic idea helps plant Addie in the middle of the garden scene and showcases her unique green thumb.

My favorite line?

    "...until she discovered there wouldn't be room in the garden beds for her work... 
but there was a wall."




Yet another Japanese Maple. Sensing an addiction are you?


No comments:

Post a Comment