Sunday, March 3, 2024

50 Precious Words, that really are precious to me

 It's been a while... life happened over and over again... but I continued to write. Today I submitted a sweet 50 word memory to Vivian Kirkfield's #50 Precious Word Competition.  

It's a really great contest, so stop by and read some entries, all 50 words or less. Mine bubbles up from the day we finalized my daughter's adoption, walking into the courthouse with lots of papers, a lawyer, and surrounded by a line of people, just as jittery as we were ready to be a family.  I hope you enjoy it.


Adoption Day

Word count: 50

 

“Everyone, Smile!”

New clothes crease as six warm arms entangle,

scrunching close giggles freeze on “three.”

CLICK.

The judge’s kind,

sturdy hand extends,

shakes,

then directs us away so the next group,

full of hope,

can promise—

and begin today,

like us,

on their new Forever,

together,

as a family.

2 comments:

  1. Laura...this is beautiful...what amazing images your words create in my mind - I don't even need illustrations becuas you did it all with only 50 precious words!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww. HUGS. I am so glad you enjoyed it. It truly was a precious moment.

      Delete