Thursday, May 4, 2023

Rejection Garden Tree/Story 3 EGG

The Rejection Garden is less about rejection and more about creativity, persistence, and joy. Over the next month, I am going to share one Tree or Manuscript with you, not in its entirety, instead, I’ll post a synopsis, how many times it has been rejected and then, I’ll finish with my favorite line and include a picture of the tree and name tag.   

"In life, you'll get 100's of rejections, you just need 1 yes to forget the remaining. So never stop moving on." - Shubhankar Mishra



    Story/Tree 3 is EGG, my one and only published book. I am counting it as it was rejected 3 times before finally getting published. The tree I chose for EGG is a Weeping Pussy Willow, that has started blooming already. It is tall and has a beautiful umbrella top that rises then falls into an umbrella sway, hopefully, one that will continue to grow to the ground. I am looking forward to seeing this tree grow.

   



 EGG
3 Submissions, 2 rejections, One Book!



Written by Laura N. Clement
Illustrated by Sunny J. Choi

When you’re destined for greatness but can’t swim, life in a duck family is a little complicated, especially if you’re a dragon who just happens to sneeze... fire. Egg is a diverse hero on her very own journey, slightly out of place and lost in her world but surrounded by love and unknown danger. With an inspirational WHOMPBOOM! join Egg on her adventure as she discovers sometimes greatness is within you all along.

I am sad to say that EGG is currently out of print, but I still have copies. One of THE BEST things about this experience was meeting my illustrator and becoming friends. Going through the process of creating a book together was magic, Sunny... working with you was amazing and I am thankful for it every day.

My favorite line of the book? That has to be the onomatopoeia of a sneezing dragon, WHOMPBOOM!

Or perhaps the first line, "Egg was destined for greatness."

 


No comments:

Post a Comment